Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Its Raining

I dropped my kid off at preschool today wearing my running gear, even though it was miserable, freezing and raining outside. I had every intention of going by the store to grab some stuff for Thanksgiving, then heading to the park to log a few miles. But, the guy at the grocery store was obviously on his first day, making my wait time to buy my junk like 20 minutes. As I was walking to the car, the rain began pelting down. I took these two events as a sign...I was NOT meant to run today. I usually take the "let's be a hard-ass" approach to running in the rain/cold. Today, I went shopping. I'd be lying if I said I feel bad about it. Shopping sans kiddo screaming at my feet and opening the dressing room door while I'm half-naked was AMAZING. I think that playing hookey from the running routine every now and then actually helps my running. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that now while envisioning how great those new purple skinny jeans are gonna look in the Thanksgiving photos. Cheers to a lazy day without a bit of running in sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.